A fire caused major damage to housing residence of Cossette Street in Roberval.
Firefighters were able quickly to isolate the fire upstairs. The barracks is a few hundred meters from the house. “The cause is accidental. The owner was doing work upstairs. He left to go to carry things Ecocentre and that’s when the fire started, “he told the director of Roberval Rémi Parent fire department.
The accommodation was unoccupied. However, the damage was caused by water in the ground floor apartment. The person who lives there was not present during the events. Damage is estimated at $ 50,000 and the house should be recoverable.
The alarm was sounded at 9 am. An hour later, the fire was extinguished. Fourteen firefighters intervened.