In the years 2014-2019, the State financial monitoring service of Ukraine has frozen $ 1.5 billion of criminal assets linked to former senior officials, and successfully conducted the National risk assessment. It is reported by OBOZREVATEL.
1. Scfm discovered and frozen criminal assets related to former senior officials in the amount of 1.5 billion USD (2014).
These funds were later confiscated in the state income. It is the most successful case in the history of Ukraine’s independence.
2. Scfm is recognized as the best financial intelligence unit in the world (2018).
By results of voting of the financial intelligence units 150 countries scfm received the award “Best deal of the Egmont Group” (BECA). The award involved the investigation scfm at 1.5 billion USD, which was confiscated in 2017.
3. Ukraine has successfully passed the evaluation of the system of combating money laundering and the financing of terrorism the Committee of the Council of Europe MONEYVAL. It is confirmed that the system is effective and efficient. The evaluation process was thoroughly followed by his scfm (2016-2018 gg).
According to the monitoring regime of Ukraine is at the level of member countries of FATF, such as Australia, USA, Canada, Singapore, Denmark, Sweden and Switzerland.
According to the findings of the Council of Europe the SFMS of Ukraine as a financial intelligence unit received the highest rating – “a significant level of efficiency”.
1. Scfm formed 3663 generalized materials for a total amount of 790 billion 870 million UAH. Materials are transferred in law enforcement and intelligence agencies to conduct investigations.
2. The SFMS of Ukraine won the contest according to the results of the pilot Program “Laboratory projects for the implementation of the Association Agreement between Ukraine and the EU” (EU Association Lab) (2019).
Developed scfm Concept of a verification mechanism for the ultimate beneficial owners (IPM) called “K100% TRUE” won the award for “Most innovative solution”.
3. Scfm successfully conducted the national risk assessment (2016).
This is the first national risk assessment in the sphere of prevention and counteraction to legalization (laundering) of incomes obtained in a criminal way and financing of terrorism, which was held in Ukraine. A report on the results of the evaluation are highly appreciated by international partners.
4. Scfm founded the Academy of financial monitoring and providing technical training 8072 professionals (2017).
On the basis of Training and methodological center in the sphere of management of the scfm, the Academy of financial monitoring, as an institution of postgraduate education, providing training specialists in the sphere of financial monitoring.