Experienced farmers say that raspberry planted in the fall, yields a harvest better than the raspberries planted in the spring.
Autumn seedlings take root better and more productive. For this to become true you need to adhere to such recommendations, informs Rus.Media.
The time of planting raspberries depend on the climate of the region, variety and weather.
General recommendation – choose a time for 20 days until the first frost. Depending on the region of the deadlines occur at the end of September – end of October.
Too late planting threatened with loss of the seedling, as it does not have time to take root.
Once at the root collar appear replacement buds, seedling can be prepared for landing.
Prepare the site
Raspberry loves the sun and lack of wind. It is advisable to choose those areas where wildly growing perennials.
Before planting bushes, it is recommended to plant a green manure to prepare the soil.
Choose a site with loose soil. Zakislenna ground can result in norm (to improve the structure and increase the content of phosphorus and nitrogen in the soil), if you add:
- Ground limestone
Important! Not recommended planting raspberries immediately after solanaceous crops or strawberries.
For good yields need healthy seedling: the escape of about 20 cm in length, 5 mm in diameter, with well-developed roots.
Before planting the bushes for a couple of days placed in water, then remove the dried stems. And before the procedure the root system dipped in the solution of mullein in the ratio of 1:10.
Planting shrubs in individual holes suitable for those occasions when a garden is planned as a separate land for raspberries.
- Make marks for the landing, so that between them was not less than 70 cm, and between rows – not less than 1.5 m.
- Dig pits 0,3×0,3×0,3 m
- Make humus, superphosphate and potassium salt (3-5 kg, 35 Gy and 25 Gy, respectively)
- Mix fertilizer in the hole with a topsoil layer
- Form a recess
- Shake and spread the roots
- Place the seedling so that its root has used all the space pits
- Ensure that the kidney substitution was 2-3 cm below the upper edge of the pit
- Tamp the ground around the Bush
- Pour. Under a Bush you need to pour 5 liters of water
- Mark the rows for planting from North to South. Between the rows should be not less than 2 m. the depth of the trench is not less than 0.4 m, width 0.4 to 0.8 m.
- Make the fertilizer per 1 m of the trench requires the same fertilizers as on 1 hole.
- Mix the topsoil layer and fertilizers
- Spread evenly in the trench
- Add seedlings in the recess at a distance of at least 0.3 cm from each other. Seedlings in the tape should be placed 3-4 cm lower than the depth at which they grew previously
- Pour plants. For one hive you need 500 ml of water
If you choose growing plants, they are planted at a distance of 0.5-0.75 m from each other.
Along the trench, you can install the support structure for garter young bushes.
Care for seedlings
To improve the survival rate of shrubs, cut them to a height of 0.2-0.25 m.
To maintain moist soil, earth, mulch layer of compost, hay, shavings not less than 5 cm thick.
To save the raspberries in first frost will help layer of 0.2 m of peat. Pour the seedlings with peat, and in the spring after thawing of the soil – remove.
Other treatments (watering, fertilizing, disease prevention) similar to usual care for raspberries.